Watson Lake Open For Recreation
The City of Prescott Recreation Services Department is pleased to announce that effective 6:00am, on Friday, May 13, 2022, Watson Lake will be re-open for recreational opportunities. We appreciate the community’s understanding and patience over the past several weeks during the ongoing operations in support of the #CrooksFire. Goldwater Lake reopened on May 8th.
Please mindful that the City is under Stage 1 fire restrictions, along with the Prescott National Forest and the rest of Yavapai County. This means:
Stage 1 Fire Restrictions
- NO residential burn permits will be issued.
- Use of model rockets is PROHIBITED.
- Use of fireworks and other pyrotechnic displays are PROHIBITED except by commercial special events permit.
- NO smoking outside of vehicles, outside of residential yards, or outside of designated smoking areas.
- NO outdoor use of firearms.
- Cooking, warming, or camp fires (ash or ember producing) ARE still ALLOWED at single and multi-family residential properties and Town parks (where approved) but MUST BE attended at all times
For information about all City of Prescott recreational facilities, go to www.Prescott-az.gov and search Recreation from the home page.