Prescott NF Waives Fees for Presidents Day; Prescott NF Offices closed for Federal Holiday
The Prescott National Forest will waive fees at day-use recreation sites on Monday, February 21, 2022, to celebrate Presidents Day.
Presidents Day honors our nation’s presidents, with emphasis on President Washington and President Lincoln. On observed holidays such as Presidents Day, all Prescott National Forest offices will be closed, resuming virtual business hours on Tuesday, February 22.
The Forest Service participates in fee-free days with other federal agencies to encourage Americans to visit their public lands. As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites:
• Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
• Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
• Thumb Butte Recreation Area
• Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
• Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area
• Groom Creek Nature Trail
The remaining fee waiver dates for 2022 are National Get Outdoors Day on June 11, National Public Lands Day on September 24, and Veterans Day on November 11.
Stay up to date on Prescott National Forest news by checking the Prescott NF website and following us on Facebook and Twitter.