Prescott NF offices will be closed on May 30 in observance of Memorial Day
Reminder of Stage 2 Fire Restrictions
All Prescott National Forest offices and ranger stations will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day. Virtual business hours will resume on Tuesday, May 31, 2022. To acknowledge the Memorial Day holiday, USDA Secretary Vilsack has authorized a two-hour early dismissal for employees on Friday, May 27, 2022; offices will be closing at 2:00 p.m. Memorial Day honors all the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military.
Despite the office closure, fire personnel, law enforcement officers, and recreation staff will be on-duty for the Memorial Day holiday. Visitors are reminded that the Prescott NF entered Stage 2 Fire Restrictions on Thursday, May 26, 2022.
REMINDER – Stage 2 Fire Restrictions prohibit the following:
1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, including charcoal, coal, and briquettes. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(a).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three (3) feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of any flammable material. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(d).
3. Welding, or operating any acetylene or other torch with an open flame. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(i).
4. Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun. 36 C.F.R. § 261.58(m).
5. THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE PROHIBITED FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M.: Operating a
chainsaw or other equipment operated by an internal combustion engine. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(h), (j).
For information on recreational opportunities on the Prescott National Forest visit: Prescott National Forest – Recreation
Know Before You Go! The public can obtain current state and federal fire restrictions information across Arizona on the Arizona Interagency Wildfire Prevention and Information website . The map is a culmination of work from federal, state, and local agencies who hope to explain to the public where it is safe to have fires and where it’s not. The map shows all fire restrictions in New Mexico and Arizona.