Prescott NF offices closed Monday July 4 in
observance of Independence Day
In observance of Independence Day, all Prescott National Forest offices and ranger stations will be closed on Monday, July 4, 2022. Offices will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, July 5, 2022.
Due to staffing, the Verde Ranger District in Camp Verde, AZ will only be open to the public from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday July 5 through Friday, July 8, 2022. The District Office will resume regular business hours on Monday, July 8, 2022. Although our offices will be closed, many employees will be working to support fire response and public safety.
We would like to remind the public and visitors that the entire Prescott National Forest is in Stage 2 Fire Restrictions and that fireworks are prohibited year-round on all National Forest lands.
REMINDER – Stage 2 Fire Restrictions prohibit the following:
1. Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire, including charcoal, coal, and briquettes. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(a).
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three (3) feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of any flammable material. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(d).
3. Welding, or operating any acetylene or other torch with an open flame. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(i).
4. Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun. 36 C.F.R. § 261.58(m).
5. THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE PROHIBITED FROM 9:00 A.M. TO 8:00 P.M.:
Operating a chainsaw or other equipment operated by an internal combustion engine. 36 C.F.R. § 261.52(h), (j).
Know Before You Go! The public can obtain current state and federal fire restrictions information across Arizona on the Arizona Interagency Wildfire Prevention and Information website . The map is a culmination of work from federal, state, and local agencies who hope to explain to the public where it is safe to have fires and where it’s not. The map shows all fire restrictions in New Mexico and Arizona.