October is recognized as Crime Prevention Month. As families are starting to make plans for the holidays, the Prescott Valley Police Department would like to remind our citizens of ways to protect themselves from being victims during the holiday season.
- Lock your vehicle as well as your home’s doors
- Keep valuables out of plain view
- Practice good online safety by only using secured servers
- Install external security cameras
- Do not share your personal information with strangers
- Have a retrieval plan for packages delivered to your home
Many criminals do not target specific people, but will take advantage of any opportunity they encounter. The best way to protect you and your loved ones is to develop habits that deter criminals from seeing you as a potential victim.
Prescott Valley Police Department can be contacted at (928) 772-9267 for non-emergencies, 911 for emergencies. Yavapai County Silent witness is 1-800-932-3232.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!
Facebook: www.facebook.com/PrescottValleyPD or @prescottvalleypd
Twitter: www.twitter.com/PolicePV or @policepv
Instagram: www.instagram.com/prescottvalleypolice or @prescottvalleypolice