Free webinar next Thursday, October 28th from 10 am to noon–“Employment Laws from Hiring to Firing.” Hopefully, you can participate! In November and December, I’ll be conducting two other webinars that specifically focus on important employment law topics: Arizona’s paid sick time law, and properly paying employees.
All three webinars are hosted by Yavapai College’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and are free to attend. The flyers are attached and include the registration links (which are also included below). Even if you can’t attend the live webinar, please register so you can receive handouts and other communications about the webinars. They will be recorded and available for you to watch at your convenience.
The webinars are:
- Thursday, October 28th—10am to noon—“Employment Laws from Hiring to Firing”
- The flyer is attached. Registration link:Employment Laws Hiring to Firing
- This webinar covers employment laws that are triggered during each stage of the employment process. The intent of the program is to give employers enough information to correct areas where they may not be complying and to recognize potential liability situations when they arise, so the employer can seek additional guidance.
- Tuesday, November 9th—10am to 11am—“Understanding Arizona’s Paid Sick Leave Law”
- The flyer is attached. Registration link: Understanding AZ’s Paid Sick Time Law
- Most employers don’t realize how complicated it can be to comply with our state’s paid sick leave law. There’s much more to it than doing a basic accrual and the consequences for non-compliance can be very costly. This session will give employers the information they need to follow it correctly.
- Thursday, December 2nd—10am to 11am—“Properly Paying Your People—It Sounds Easy, But It’s Not!”
- The flyer is attached. Registration link: Properly Paying Your People
- The most common legal claim that employees file against their employers is one that’s based on pay. We’ll discuss the often-misunderstood issues of exempt/nonexempt, independent contractors, overtime calculations for multiple pay rates or piece rates, comp time, travel time, pay at termination, and more.
We look forward to great attendance at these webinars.
Register your management team today for the October 28th webinar.
If you have any questions, call Ruth Ellen Elinski at the SBDC—928-649-4580 or email [email protected].
Laura J. Hamblin, JD, PLLC
Employment Law & HR Consulting
P.O. Box 11123
Prescott, AZ 86304
Email: [email protected]