Prescott NF Offices Closed for Indigenous Peoples Day and Columbus Day Holiday
PRESCOTT, AZ – October 7, 2021— – All Prescott National Forest offices will be
closed Monday, October 11, in observance of Columbus Day and Indigenous Peoples’
Day. Regular virtual business hours will resume on Tuesday, October 12.
In Arizona, October 11 is recognized as Indigenous Peoples Day after Governor Doug Ducey signed a proclamation on September 4, 2020.
As fall colors start to appear on the Prescott NF, officials would like to remind visitors to please recreate responsibly and follow the Centers for Disease Control guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Reminders for a fun and safe weekend include checking the weather forecast and being prepared for seasonal fluctuations. Use good judgment and basic safety precautions when hiking, fishing or camping; and follow Leave No Trace principles:
• Plan ahead and prepare for your trip to enhance your experience and make sure
you return home safely.
• Travel and camp on durable surfaces to prevent resource damage.
• Dispose of waste properly. Leave your campsite at least as clean as you found it
and take your trash home with you.
• Leave what you find. Don’t damage live trees and plants and leave natural objects
and cultural artifacts where you found them.
• Respect wildlife by keeping your distance, and do not feed, touch or pick up wild
• Be considerate of other visitors. Respect quiet time in developed campgrounds.
Keep dogs on leashes and clean up after your dog.
Stay up to date on Prescott National Forest news by checking the Prescott NF website and following us on Facebook and Twitter.