On May 27, 2021, a fire broke and spread quickly in the town of Bagdad threatening many homes and structures. Fire crews quickly went to work and were able to get control of the fire within hours. Unfortunately, approximately 150 acres were burned, and 24 homes were damaged or destroyed as a result of the blaze.
The investigation into the fire revealed it was caused by construction equipment that was being used to work on a road in the area. This fire was found to be completely accidental. This road project had been planned and approved, and there was no recklessness involved. There will be no criminal charges sought, nor was there found to be any negligence in the crew’s actions.
- Longtime former Prescott Valley Mayor Harvey Skoog dies
- ANNOUNCING THE 2021 VERDE VALLEY COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
- Governor Ducey Orders Flags At Half-Staff In Honor Of Representative Frank Pratt
- Breaking News Possible Abduction Attempt
- Announcing the All Veterans Memorial Dedication Ceremony