CROOKS FIRE PUBLIC SAFETY CLOSURE
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(a) and (b), the following acts are prohibited within the area described in this Order (the “Restricted Area”) and as depicted on the attached map, hereby incorporated into this Order as Exhibit A, within the Bradshaw Ranger District, Prescott National Forest, Yavapai County, State of Arizona.
1. Going into or being upon the Restricted Area. 36 C.F.R. § 261.53(e). 2. Being on the road. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54(e).
3. Being on a trail. 36 C.F.R. § 261.55(a).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:
1. Persons with a written Forest Service authorization specifically exempting them from the effect of this Order.
2. Any Federal, State, or Local Officer, or member of an organized rescue or firefighting resource in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents, owners and lessees of private property within the Restricted Area are allowed ingress and egress only to and from their properties, if consistent with local evacuation orders.
The Restricted Area consists of all National Forest System lands, waters, roads, and trails within the boundary starting at the intersection of State Route 89 and the National Forest (NF) boundary, proceeding east along the NF boundary for approximately 10 miles, then following the NF boundary south for approximately 6
Order Number: 03-09-03-22-02
miles, then following the NF boundary east for approximately 2 miles, then following the NF boundary south for approximately 6 miles, then following the NF boundary for approximately 1 mile to the junction with County Road 177, then following County Road 177 for approximately 10 miles to the intersection with Forest Road (FR) 52, then following FR 52 south for approximately 3 miles to the intersection with Forest Trail (FT) 275, then following FT 275 west for approximately 4 miles to the intersection with FR 82A, then following FR 82A southwest for approximately 5 miles to the intersection with FR 94, then following FR 94 northwest for approximately 3 miles to the junction with the NF boundary, then following the NF boundary north for 1 mile, then following the NF boundary west for 4 miles, then following the NF boundary north for approximately 5 ½ miles to the intersection with State Route 89, then following the eastside of State Route 89 northeast for approximately 13 miles back to the point of beginning at State Route 89 and the junction of the NF boundary.
Note: State Route 89 remains open.
To provide public health and safety due to firefighting operations and fire danger associated with the uncontrolled Crooks Fire on the Prescott National Forest.
1. This Order will be effective on April 19, 2022, at 6:00 a.m. and shall remain in effect until 6:00 p.m. on May 03, 2022, or until rescinded, whichever occurs first.
2. A map identifying the Restricted Area is attached and made part of this Order as Exhibit A. For a digital version of the Order map for the
Prescott National Forest, navigate to
3. Any violation of these prohibitions is punishable as a Class B misdemeanor by a fine of not more than $5,000 for individuals and $10,000 for organizations, or by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, or both (see 16 U.S.C. § 551, 18 U.S.C. § 3571(b)(6), 18 U.S.C. § 3581(b)(7)).
4. Further information regarding this Order may be obtained at the Bradshaw Ranger District Office located in Prescott, Arizona, telephone number 928-443- 8000, and at the Prescott National Forest Supervisor’s Office in Chino Valley, telephone number 928-777-2200.
5. This Order supersedes any previous Orders prohibiting the same acts covered by this Order.
Order Number: 03-09-03-22-02
Done at Chino Valley, AZ this __19th___ day of April 2022.