In the final poll before the Cal Pac Tournament, the Embry-Riddle women’s golf team stayed in eighth, one of three West Coast programs in the top eighth. Not only are the Eagles the only Cal Pac team in the top 10, they are also the only team from the conference to be ranked.
The Eagles have finished all of its tournaments in the top three, and have finished all but one inside the top two. ERAU has won five tournament team championships this year, taking home the victory at the SDCC Spring Inviational in its last outing.
The first round of the Cal Pac Championships from Redding, Calif. is scheduled for Monday, April 10.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
|RANK||LAST||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||CONFERENCE||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Oklahoma City ||Sooner||527|
|2||2||Keiser (Fla.) ||The Sun||514|
|4||4||Dalton State (Ga.)||Southern States||480|
|5||5||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||The Sun||464|
|6||6||Southeastern (Fla.)||The Sun||446|
|7||7||Loyola (La.)||Southern States||426|
|8||8||Embry-Riddle (Ariz.)||Cal Pac||407|
|10||10||William Carey (Miss.)||Southern States||383|
|11||11||Menlo (Calif.)||Golden State||358|
|12||12||SCAD Atlanta (Ga.)||Appalachian||337|
|15||15||Ottawa (Ariz.)||Golden State||300|
|17||16||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||Mid-South||259|
|18||20||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||The Sun||232|
|21||21||Truett McConnell (Ga.)||Appalachian||171|
|22||22||University of Northwestern Ohio||Wolverine-Hoosier||170|
Dropped from poll: None
Receiving Votes: St. Thomas (Fla.) 87; William Penn (Iowa) 83; Morningside (Iowa) 67; Vanguard (Calif.) 59; Marian (Ind.) 33; William Woods (Mo.) 24; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 18; Rocky Mountain (Mont.) 9; Midway (Ky.) 6; Columbia (Mo.) 6; Kansas Wesleyan 6; Bellevue (Neb.) 5; Central Methodist (Mo.) 4; Grace (Ind.) 3