With the regular season in the rearview mirror, the Emrby-Riddle men’s golf team heads into the Cal Pac Championships ranked 23rd in the most recent NAIA coaches’ poll. While they did drop from 16, the Eagles are still the only Cal Pac team to be ranked.
In fact, the Eagles are the only Cal Pac program to be ranked all season in the NAIA Coaches’ Poll. ERAU has enjoyed success in other polls as well, getting as high as eighth in Golf stat’s poll.
The first round of the Cal Pac Tournament is scheduled to start on Monday, April 10 from Redding, Calif.
• The poll was voted upon by a panel of head coaches representing each of the conferences.
• Each conference is represented by one rater.
• The Top 25 is determined by a points system based on how each voter ranks the best teams. A team receives 30 points for each first-place vote, 29 for second-place and so on through the list.
• The highest and lowest ranking for each team (a non-rating is considered a low rating) is removed and the team’s ranking will be recalculated with an additional point added to each team for every ballot (including discounted ballots) that the teams appear on.
• Teams that receive only one point in the ballot are not considered “receiving votes.
|RANK||LAST||SCHOOL [FIRST-PLACE VOTES]||CONFERENCE||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Keiser (Fla.) ||The Sun||560|
|2||2||USC Beaufort (S.C.)||The Sun||538|
|3||3||Coastal Georgia||The Sun||512|
|4||8||Ottawa (Ariz.)||Golden State||505|
|5||5||Southeastern (Fla.)||The Sun||483|
|8||10||Houston-Victoria (Texas)||Red River||422|
|9||14||Dalton State (Ga.)||Southern States||404|
|12||17||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||Cascade||358|
|13||12||Bellevue (Neb.)||North Star||352|
|14||11||Wayland Baptist (Texas)||Sooner||316|
|17||18||Southwestern Christian (Okla.)||Sooner||249|
|18||24||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||Mid-South||212|
|20||15||SCAD Savannah (Ga.)||The Sun||177|
|21||25||The Master’s (Calif.)||Golden State||171|
|21||NR||Morningside (Iowa)||Great Plains||171|
|23||16||Embry-Riddle (Ariz.)||Cal Pac||170|
|23||21||Rocky Mountain (Mont.)||Frontier||170|
Dropped from poll: Marian (Ind.)
Receiving Votes: William Woods (Mo.) 135; Marian (Ind.) 125; Missouri Valley 106; Midway (Ky.) 51; Southwest (N.M.) 42; Tennessee Southern 42; Truett McConnell (Ga.) 30; William Carey (Miss.) 19; Roosevelt (Ill.) 12; Bethany (Kan.) 11; Lawrence Tech (Mich.) 10; Webber International (Fla.) 9; Montana Tech 4