City of Prescott Response to COVID-19
City Facilities to Re-open Effective March 1, 2021
Prescott, AZ (February 22, 2021) — In light of improving metrics related to COVID-19, the City of Prescott will begin re-opening and moving back toward full operation. Below is a comprehensive list of City services and how they will change.
- City Hall Re-Opening
- Effective Monday March 1, 2021 at 8 a.m., Prescott City Hall will reopen. Additional cleaning and sanitizing will be performed during business hours and measures will remain in place to encourage a safe environment, including encouraging social distancing, requiring use of masks, and clear barriers installed at counters to reduce risk to citizens and staff. City staff will be wearing masks in public locations of City Hall, and we ask Citizens to wear masks when inside the building, and interacting with City staff.
- City Boards and Commissions
- City Council Meetings will reopen to in-person audience for the March 9 Council meeting, with a 30 person limit. In order to attend in person, we ask that you RSVP through the City Clerk’s Office via email at email@example.com registrants will then receive an email confirmation from the City Clerk. Registered attendees are asked to bring their email confirmation to the meeting, so that staff can check them in.
- Zoom will remain available, so even if you cannot attend in person, you have the opportunity make a public comment. Zoom links and call-in information can be found on the Council agendas. The Zoom platform allows the public to join the meeting as Attendees and “raise their hand” when public comment is called during particular agenda items and discussion. Upon raising their hand, attendees will then be permitted to speak for the allotted three (3) minutes regarding the specific agenda item.
- In addition to participation through Zoom, members of the public may submit comments related to items on the posted agenda through the city’s website at http://www.prescott-az.gov/city-management/leadership/speaker-request-form/ and those comments will be read at the dais by the City Clerk.
- Meetings will continue to be live streamed on the city’s website (https://prescott.12milesout.com/live-video), and on the city’s Facebook page.
- Other Commissions & Committees will conduct meetings with minimized in-person attendance by the public, keeping social distancing requirements. Zoom will also be an option in most cases. Agendas will contain Zoom links and contact information for the meetings.
- Community Development/Building Permits
- The Community Development Department is using a FULLY ELECTRONIC system for permitting, plan review, fire prevention services, and planning & zoning. All permit and project applications are now submitted via our online applicant portal:
This website is the City of Prescott’s new online tool for customers to apply for, monitor status, re-submit revised plans, and make payments for permits and projects. Customers are also encouraged to schedule building inspections via the portal.
The applicant portal requires an established customer login. If you don’t have a login yet, please use the following link to apply for one. Your login information will be returned within 24-48 hours. (If you need immediate assistance with this process, or any other Community Development business, please dial 928.777.1371 to speak with a team member.)
The most up-to-date information for permitting, project, plan review, and inspection processes can be found at:
Most permits are issuable through our online portal, if in ready-to-issue status and upon receipt of full payment via the portal.
In-person permit issuance continues to be by appointment only. Issuance will take place at our drive-up permit locations in the one-way alley on the east side of City Hall. Look for signage and barricades identifying appropriate parking locations. You must have an appointment prior to arriving at the drive-up issuance location. Please call 928.777.1371 to confirm your appointment.
Please use any of the following emails (based on the type of request or issue) to connect with a Community Development team member regarding your project:
You may also contact the Community Development Department at 928.777.1371 for further guidance or questions.
- All critical police operations continue as normal. The Police lobby is open 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; additional sanitization and safe distancing practices have been implemented. Phone and online reporting remains an available alternative for convenience and safety of members of the community. Property and Evidence is available by appointment; to schedule call (928-777-1930 or 928-777-1931) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Community outreach events will resume in the coming weeks/months, or will be held virtually.
- All critical Fire Department operations are continuing. Fire stations will be accessible to the public during times in which crews are in quarters. Public and educational ride-a-longs will remain somewhat limited for the foreseeable future. Enhanced sanitization of trucks, equipment, and facilities will continue.
- The Prescott Regional Communications Center will continue actions on all E-911 calls to provide for added questioning of caller as it relates to the current COVID-19 pandemic as suggested by the CDC.
- Public Works
The Public Works Offices will re-open to public access on Monday March 1, at 8:00 a.m. Please call 928-777-1130 for questions, information or an appointment. All essential services staff are operating as scheduled.
- Measures have been implemented to require the wearing of masks for citizens and staff and encourage social distancing.
- Barriers have been installed at counters to reduce risk to citizens and staff.
- Alternative methods will continue to be utilized for group meetings as needed.
- Utility Billing
- With the re- opening of the City Hall lobby and the Utility Billing customer service windows we would like to remind our customers that all of their Utility Billing business can be conducted through our website prescott-az.gov, over the phone (928-777-1291), or at our drive through. However, if you still wish to come into City Hall please maintain social distancing and follow all signs.
- All utility billing services are available through our website and we will continue to encourage our customers to conduct business through the website.
- For those who don’t have access to internet we are going to continue to provide full services including new service setup, bill payment, and turn-offs over the phone for the next 90 days.
- The City is encouraging online and phone bill payment. If you have questions, or do not have access to the internet, we would be glad to assist you over the phone at 928-777-1291
- Online service includes the ability to:
- Review your water usage
- Email email@example.com to put in service cancellations and to ask billing questions
- Start service at a new address
- Sign up for automatic payment of your utility bill
- Or just pay your current bill
- Prescott Public Library
Prescott Public Library is pleased to announce that beginning Monday, March 1, the library will reopen and return to a seven-day per week schedule. Curbside service through reservations and Click & Collect will end Friday, February 26 at 6 pm, with reservations closing at noon. Telephone reference service only will be available on Saturday, February 27, 10am – 6 pm and the library will be closed Sunday, February 28 to prepare for reopening.
Hours beginning March 1:
Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 8pm
Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday 9am – 8pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Changes as the library reopens on March 1:
- All three library entrances will be open.
- The alley book drop will reopen.
- Items will no longer be quarantined for three days upon return.
- Curbside service will be discontinued.
For regular updates to Services, please visit www.prescottlibrary.info/modified-library-services/ .
Visit the library’s website at www.prescottlibrary.info or contact the library at 928.777.1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Prescott Public Library brings you the discovery of ideas, the joy of reading and the power of information.
- Recreation Services/Facilities
- All special events on City property remain cancelled through March 23, 2021. We expect to be able to re-open events on City property, in sporting tournaments following that date. For more information, contact Recreation Services at 928-777-1552.
- City Clerk
- The City Clerk’s Office will begin offering Notary Services by appointment only when City Hall re-opens to the public on Monday, March 1. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 928-777-1272 to schedule an appointment.
- Daily Commercial flights to both Denver and to Los Angeles continue via United Express, operated by SkyWest Airlines, and twice daily to Phoenix Sky Harbor on Boutique Air.
- Face masks: Federal guidelines state that masks must be worn while on airport property.
- Social Distancing: The airport has floor/wall markers for passengers and customers to properly space themselves while going through security and when picking up rental cars.
- Cleaning: The Airport and Airline are continuing to take extra cleaning precautions, including extra terminal cleaning and deep cleaning aircraft areas between flights, following all CDC and FAA guidelines for passenger safety.
- Construction: New terminal construction continues and will be completed by late March 2021. The new roadway system allows terminal/parking access via MacCurdy, Ruger and Deep Well entrances. The project schedule has not been impacted by COVID-19 health crisis. Construction on Taxiway-C project continues as well with no impacts by COVID-19.
- Restaurant: Susie’s SkyWay Restaurant has a full menu, daily from 6:30am – 2pm. County health guidelines are followed, including table spacing and extra cleaning. Carry out and curbside pick-up will continue as well.
- Airport Administrative Offices: Will reopen on Monday, March 1 to the public. Meeting rooms are currently not available for public groups.
- Legal Department
- Staffing and Access: Beginning Monday, March 1, 2021 the Legal Department lobby will be open normal business hours (Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm), but limited to one person at a time in the lobby. Staff will continue to meet with individuals that call ahead for transactions or during prosecution functions. Extra cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been initiated to help prevent any potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Notices and contact information are posted on the front door.
- Prosecution: The Legal Department will continue seeing criminal defendants for Pre-Trial Conferences at the Yavapai County Courthouse on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. All participants should wear a mask and follow the Courthouse protocols for COVID-19. Additionally, jury trials have resumed to in-person attendance at the Court.
Transactions: The Legal Department is still encouraging legal transactions to be conducted electronically. All restitution payments, proof of community service, proof of counseling, and other requirements of criminal cases that are to be turned in to this office may be submitted electronically, and if electronic submission cannot be accomplished, it may be delivered in person or instructed otherwise. All persons should wear a mask when delivering in person documents.
- Services: The Legal Department will continue to provide high quality civil representation of the City, risk liability assistance, workers compensation assistance and prosecution of criminal cases. Please contact the City of Prescott Legal Department if you have any questions; either by phone at (928) 777-1274 or, if your matter concerns a criminal prosecution, by email at email@example.com.
- Human Resources
- Effective March 1, Human Resources offices will open to the public. Measures have been implemented to encourage social distancing and face masks. Additional sanitization practices have been implemented.
- Applicants should access https://cityofprescott.applicantpro.com/jobs/ for information about City of Prescott job openings. Face to face meetings by appointment only. Phone and virtual meetings remain an available alternative for convenience and safety of members of the community and employees. Please call or email with questions 928-777-1286 or HR@prescott-az.gov.
City staff remains dedicated to providing the best customer service to our community and will be available via phone or email during regular business hours. Essential City services will continue, including public safety, trash collection, the solid waste transfer station, and water resource management. For additional information regarding the City’s response to COVID-19 please visit http://www.prescott-az.gov/covid-19/