Early Giving Already Generated More Than $645,000 in Donations
• 9th annual Arizona Gives Day 24-hour online fundraising event begins at 12:01 a.m., Tuesday, April 6.
• 1,039 Arizona nonprofits are registered
• Early Giving, which began March 16, has already generated more than $645,000 in donations from more than 3,600 donors.
• Last year’s Arizona Gives Day raised a record-breaking $6.1 million
• 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m., Tuesday, April 6
• 1,039 Arizona nonprofit organizations have registered from across the state.
• Arizona Gives Day is managed by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits in collaboration with Arizona Grantmakers Forum. FirstBank, one of the nation’s largest privately held banks with a focus on “banking for good,” is the presenting sponsor.Arizona Gives Day’s annual online giving movement unites nonprofits to celebrate and increase philanthropy in Arizona through online giving.
• Arizona Gives Day is not possible without the support of sponsors FirstBank, Arizona Community Foundation, BHHS Legacy Foundation, Freeport McMoRan Foundation, Hickey Family Foundation, Intel Corporation, Vitalyst Health Foundation, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, Salt River Project (SRP), Southwest Gas Corporation, Tucson Electric Power/UniSource Energy Services and Sechler Morgan CPA. In-kind promotional partners are Frontdoors Media and InBusiness Magazine.
• “Last year’s Arizona Gives Day was a remarkable success in an incredibly uncertain environment. This year’s event is even more critical for nonprofit organizations of every size in every community facing severe financial challenges in their ability to continue providing services and resources to their communities,” said Alliance of Arizona Nonprofit CEO Kristen Merrifield.
• Visit www.AzGives.org to find a nonprofit and to donate
• Donate to your favorite nonprofit on April 6 or during a specific block of time on April 6 to help a nonprofit win a Power Hour and earn additional funds from the $160,000 prize pool.
• Create a fundraiser page to benefit your favorite nonprofit organization. www.azgives.org/fundraisers
• Purchase Giving eCards. The person receiving the card gets to choose which nonprofit to donate to on AZGives.org. Cards are available for purchase year-round. www.azgives.org/ecards
• AZGives.org offers an advanced search filter to find nonprofits by specific criteria, area of focus, and which donations may qualify as an Arizona tax credit. Donors can either check out as a guest or create an account to set up recurring donations and make changes to their giving throughout the year.
• Jennifer Purcell, firstname.lastname@example.org, (602) 279-9166
• Kate Crowley, Crowley Communications, (480) 277-4178
• Steve Carr, The Kur Carr Group, Inc., (602) 317-3040
SELECT ARIZONA GIVES DAY MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES
El Grupo Youth Cycling’s (Tucson) (www.azgives.org/elgrupcycling) goal is to raise $20,000 to support youth development through bicycles in programming ages 6-17 as well as to provide opportunities to those in underserved communities through scholarships to programming. Donations will be matched up to $10,000.
La Tierra del Jaguar’s (Tucson) goal is to raise $18,000 to finish building an off-grid classroom and workshop on the demonstration site in the heart of the jaguars northern range. All donations received during Arizona Gives Day will go directly to creating this critical space. A space where people from all over the region can learn and see the processes needed to save the jaguar and partner with nature. We envision the site as a place that will inspire and teach people to create regenerative changes in their communities, throughout the land of the jaguar. (www.azgives.org/latierradeljaguar)
GAP Ministries (Tucson) is raising money on Arizona Gives Day for our Job Training Programs, Culinary and Auto Tech. These are free programs for individuals who are looking for a better life and the opportunity to have a career with good paying wages. Many of our students are coming out of incarceration and addiction recovery. During this 10 week 40-hour program they receive the skills they need to begin working after graduation at above entry-level. GAP’s approach is holistic because we know that besides the career skills, the students need life skills to help them overcome past trauma and negative influences. We provide financial literacy, leadership, job retention skills, and mentoring to help them begin to change in positive ways. www.azgives.org/gapmin.
Miracle Center (Tucson), now part of the GAP Ministries family, has a goal to raise $15,000. $1250 covers approximately one woman’s living expenses for a month, so this would cover an entire year. Miracle Center is an 18-month transitional program for women who have experienced addiction, abuse, or other adverse life experiences. www.azgives.org/miraclecenter.
Esperanza Dance Project’s (Tucson) goal to raise $500 will help us to continue on our journey to educate about the issue of childhood sexual violence and deliver a message of hope, strength and empowerment. When you invest in Esperanza Dance Project, you are investing in the performing arts and the future and well being of survivors of childhood sexual violence. Esperanza Dance Projectis offering a special Creativity Toolkit for all donors of Arizona Gives Day, a collection of multi-media authentic and original materials curated by Esperanza’s dedicated dancers. www.azgives.org/esperanzadanceproject
Green Valley Community Chorus (Green Valley) “Keeping the Santa Cruz Valley Beautiful…Musically” Our organization began in 1974 with residents of Green Valley gathering together to perform for the community. Forty-five years later, we have grown to a group of 80 singers, led by doctoral students from the University of Arizona Choral Department. From ticket sales and public donations, we have been able to donate to local school choral programs in Green Valley and Sahuarita. While the pandemic has forced us to cancel performances in 2020, we are actively planning for singing in the fall of 2021.
The Arc of Mohave County’s goal is to raise $5,000 this AZGIVES Day as part of our larger goal of $50,000. Donations received on AZGIVES Day will be used by the Arc of Mohave County to air condition our kitchen and dining area for our members. We use our kitchen as a learning center for our Culinary and Baking Programs where our members with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities learn how to prepare food for themselves and the community through job training. www.azgives.org/MohaveCo_Arc.