Preliminary Results: Arizona Gives has now raised more than $20 million since 2013.
PHOENIX, AZ — Arizona Gives Day 2020, hosted by the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum and presented by FirstBank, has shattered last year’s online fundraising campaign raising more than $4 million with 4.5 hours to go. Last year, the event generated $3.6 million for nonprofit organizations across the state.
Nearly 30,000 donors from across the state have contributed. Nearly 2,000 volunteers also have pledged almost 70,000 hours to nonprofits statewide.
The 2020 fundraiser is open until midnight tonight at azgives.org.
An additional $124,000 had been raised for the group’s Emergency Relief Fund, which will be equally distributed among all participating nonprofits, a sector greatly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Arizona Gives Day is the annual statewide day of online giving that invites Arizonans to support their favorite local causes.
“Given the broad-based impact of COVID-19 on the entire economy, the rate at which people are donating to the deeply affected nonprofit community is not only staggering, it’s incredibly heartwarming,” said Kristen Merrifield, CEO of the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits. “We have consistently said that the people of Arizona are generous, selfless and always ready to step up and help those in need. There is no greater time than today and no greater example of the big hearts that live in the state than what we’re seeing now.”
ARIZONA GIVES DAY 2020 FAST FACTS
· Donate at AZGives.org
· Choose one or more organizations for your donation
· Donors can give to the Relief Fund by adding to their donation total at checkout OR by going directly to azgives.org/aznonprofits This fund was established to assist participating nonprofits struggling due to COVID-19 related canceled events and programming.
· Hosted by Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers Forum.
· 975 nonprofits participating from across the state.
· Donors can help nonprofits win one of the 104 prizes totaling $193,500 this year.
· Organizations which qualify for Arizona Tax Credits can be found on the website. Donation deadline to qualify for 2019 taxes is April 15.
· Many organizations provide services in multiple counties or statewide; donors can search by counties served or mission-areas when searching for nonprofits to give to.
· See all of the participating nonprofits throughout the state at www.azgives.org/nonprofits
• Jennifer Purcell, firstname.lastname@example.org, (602) 279-9166
• Kate Crowley, Crowley Communications, (480) 277-4178
• Steve Carr, The Kur Carr Group, Inc., (602) 317-3040
About the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits: The Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits is a statewide trusted resource and advocate for the nonprofit community. The Alliance’s mission is to unite, strengthen and advance Arizona’s nonprofit sector and is comprised of more than 1,000 members – both nonprofits and those in the community who support them – across the state. Since 2004, the organization has been dedicated to furthering the common interests of Arizona’s nonprofit community and envisions an Arizona where all nonprofits are valued, empowered and thriving, with support from grassroots efforts like Arizona Gives Day. For more information, visit www.arizonanonprofits.org, or email email@example.com.
About the Arizona Grantmakers Forum: Arizona Grantmakers Forum is the statewide network that connects, educates and advocates for Arizona philanthropy. Its mission is to empower members to transform Arizona through leadership and meaningful philanthropy. Member organizations make financial grants to nonprofit organizations throughout the state and represent the interests of private foundations, trusts, endowed community foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals with organized charitable gift programs.
About FirstBank: FirstBank, the nation’s third largest privately held bank, operates more than 115 locations in Arizona, Colorado and California, serving over 750,000 customers. The bank offers a variety of checking and savings accounts, mortgages, home equity loans and a full range of commercial loans and business accounts and services. Since 2000, the company has been recognized as a top corporate philanthropist, contributing more than $60 million and thousands of volunteer hours to charitable organizations. FirstBank is also unique in that a majority of its stock is owned by management and employees. For more information, go to www.efirstbank.com.